Took a road trip with Josh (a.k.a. Brooksey) and his best buddy Chris (a.k.a. Moll) to Hershey/Harrisburg area Saturday, originally intending to visit the Antique Auto museum. They have a limited-time exhibit on the history of the Shelby Mustang. Brooksey loves Shelbys. The museum opened at 9, and our tour lasted less than two hours, so with most of the day left to play with, we headed over to Hershey's Chocolate World. Brooksey has never been on the factory ride. He got a kick out of the singing cows! Even then, we were done before noon. A bit of toying with his GPS and Moll drove us through Harrisburg to the National Civil War museum. Comparatively, Josh and I loved the Civil War museum best, Chris preferred the car museum. All of us were particularly smitten with the Reeses Pieces chocolate cake and peanut butter icing that we had following the chocolate factory ride.
Although our road trip ended reasonably without drama, it was fun. While I loved the Civil War museum, chasing floodwaters was most undoubtably the highlight of the day. My camera battery died right after my three fabulous floodshots, though, requiring me to return home to charge it. I was a bit depressed, but I'm sure there will be other floods for me to chase in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment